Save while the sun shines!
You don’t need to go this far to save water in the garden this summer!
Here are some quick and easy tips:
Email this page
- Can do attitude: a watering can uses far less water than a hosepipe, and the smaller droplets are better for your plants.
- Morning glory: water your garden in the early morning or late evening, when less water is lost through evaporation
- Thanks very mulch: add a layer of mulch (e.g. bark chips, manure) over your soil to retain moisture and keep weeds at bay.
- Perfect plants: stock up on drought resistant plants, such as geraniums. They look great, and require a lot less water.
- Get your butt into action: a water butt collects the rain from your roof, so you can give your plants a drink.